The organisational elections of the Malyasian Indian Congress (MIC), including the presidential election, will be held in 2014, a media report said Saturday. The party's acting president G. Palanivel said that the presidential election will be held between January and March next year and this will be followed by elections of other top office-bearers. Formed in 1946, the MIC is one of the ...
Preparations are on for the four-day festival of Barsi, said to be the largest Sikh event outside of the Punjab state in India, in Gurdwara Sahib Malacca in the Malaysian state of Malacca, starting May 30. The festival commemorates the death anniversary of Sant Baba Sohan Singh Ji, a Sikh saint who lived in Malacca and passed away in 1972 at Ipoh General Hospital near the Malaysian capital of ...
PETALING JAYA, Malaysia (AFP) - Tens of thousands of people rallied near Malaysia's capital Saturday night against alleged electoral fraud, further raising the political temperature after divisive recent polls.The latest in a series of protest rallies over the May 5 elections -- which the opposition says were won fraudulently by the 56-year-old ruling coalition -- saw a large crowd gather ...
KUALA LUMPUR: A drizzle did not deter the public, including foreign tourists, from following the Citrawarna 1Malaysia (Colours of 1Malaysia) event at Merdeka Square on Saturday. The fest, which started at 5pm, saw about 100,000 local and foreign tourists and 248 MegaFam participants from 23 nations including Brunei, Thailand, Cambodia, Jerman, New Zealand and Canada mesmerised by the local ...
GURUN, 25 Mei (Bernama) -- Malaysia bersedia memberi kerjasama kepada mana-mana negara yang berminat menjadikan sistem pengurusan haji oleh Lembaga Tabung Haji (TH) sebagai model pengurusan jemaah haji mereka. Menteri di Jabatan Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom berkata sistem pengurusan haji holistik yang diguna pakai TH menarik minat banyak negara untuk mencontohinya. ...
The Omen (2006)
The opening scene of John Moore's remake of 1976's The Omen presents us with a series of uneasy recent news images--the space shuttle exploding, the Twin Towers falling, the tsunami in Thailand, violence in the Middle East--that are meant to be interpreted as the fulfillment of signs in Bi ... ...
. It is not necessary for Malaysians to take to the street or "tear down" all that have been built by the country's forefathers to achieve whatever aspirations that may not be in line with the Government of the day, he said. "If we demand change, it must follow the constitution and the rule of law. "If not, we will end up following the law of the jungle and that will ...
has rejected calls from a party delegate that government-linked company (GLCs) positions be given to PKR leaders. "I want to clarify, GLC positions are not to be reserved for party leaders. It is not our right. "It doesn't matter whether he or she is a party member or not, as long as the most capable person does the job," he said in his winding-up speech at the annual PKR ...
to respect the results of the recent polls. "As I had clarified, he (Jusuf) came into the country about a month before the election and met Najib and me where some parameters were agreed upon. "However, these were not adhered too," he told reporters at PKR's annual convention. The conditions included free and fair election, free access to the media, implementation of reforms ...
BAGAN DATOH: The Home Ministry, via the police, will collaborate with the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) and the Malaysian Cyber Security to check social media content which violates the law. ...
. He said that it did not make sense to call for a reconciliation when the Barisan Nasional government's actions apparently spoke otherwise. "Your mouth says you want to reconcile, but at the same time you practice racism, tell voters to leave the country if they are not happy with the electoral system and arrest our activists. "If this is the reconciliation that Najib is talking ...
Making the news
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
The Helmsley Park Lane, New York
The best feature of this hotel is its location, overlooking Central Park in the heart of Manhattan. The hotel also ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The organisational elections of the Malyasian Indian Congress (MIC), including the presidential election, will be held in 2014, a media report said Saturday.
The party's acting president G. Palanivel said that the presidential election will be held between January and March next year and this will be followed by elections of other top office-bearers.
Formed in 1946, the MIC is one of the oldest political parties in Malaysia.
It is one of the three major constituents of that country's ruling Barisan Nasional coalition, other two being the United Malays National Organisation and the Malaysian Chinese Association.
Speaking after a meeting of the party's Central Working Committee (CWC), Palanivel said that a committee would be formed by November this year to oversee the elections.
He also brushed aside speculations that the chairmen of the party's state units have been pushed to pass a "no contest" resolution for the president's post.
"I did not ask the states to do that. If anyone wants to challenge me, it is up to them," the Malaysian Star quoted him as saying.
"I am not thinking about it right now. People can challenge me or return me unopposed. That is not important to me. My focus is to strengthen the party. ...
- China to allow US auditors access to records of Chinese firms
- China central bank report promises financial sector reforms
- Germanys Profine to invest 100cr in India
- Commerce team to discuss trade deficit with China
- Indias forex reserves down $1.7 billion
- US Defense Chief Calls for End to Military Sex Assaults
- Obama Urges Military to Stamp Out Sexual Assaults
- AFridayIn The Port of Karachi
- Pirates release German ships crew after holding them for a month
- Obama urges military to end sex assault at Navy graduation speech
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- New frontiers new risks How safe is space tourism
- Cableway to lift tourism says alliance
- Total Revenue and Profit Growth for European Hoteliers During April 2013
- Middle East instability means tourism growth for Oman
- Britain resists EU bid to set new target on renewable energy
- Chile Pascua-Lama Mine Halted for Environmental Offences
- International Day For Biological Diversity Highlighted By Greenpeace
- Pictures Ethiopia’s Extreme Salt Mines
- Travel Writer Paul Theroux’s Last Trip to Africa
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- US band Hanson debuts MmmHops Beer
- Healthy heart ensures healthy kidney
- Revelers brave cold to fight AIDS at Vienna ball
- Arrested Development Bluth boys
- Heart failure ups risk of male menopause 4 fold
- My House Beautiful A retirement “cabin” in the city
- Alberta seniors hospitalized after violent home invasion
- Elderly woman speaks about dog attack from hospital
- Blackstone notifies Cohens SAC it intends to pull money pension consultant
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Malaysian Indian Congress to hold its polls in 2014
- Preparations on for Sikh festival in Malaysia
- Thousands defy Malaysia govt to hold rally
- Drizzle fails to dampen Citrawarna 1Malaysia launch
- Malaysia Sedia Bantu Negara Berminat Contohi Pengurusan Th - Jamil Khir