NEW YORK - Chrysler avoided a showdown with the US government by agreeing to recall 2.7 million Jeeps with fuel tanks that could rupture and cause fires in rear-end collisions. Chrysler said it recognised the matter had raised concerns for customers The US company said it had resolved its differences with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The recall affects ...
LONDON - China's largest premier commercial property and entertainment conglomerate, Dalian Wanda Group Wednesday entered into 320million pounds definite acquisition deal with leading British yacht company, Sunseeker International Ltd, under which Wanda will acquire a majority shareholding of 91.81% in pre-eminent luxury motor yacht manufacturer. Under the agreement, the remaining 8.19% ...
WASHINGTON - Four of the largest U.S. mortgage servicers, including Citigroup Inc (C). and Bank of America Corp., have failed to adequately upgrade their treatment of customers in danger of foreclosure, according to a court-appointed monitor. Bank of America, Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo have failed to adhere to some of the new standards set out in a landmark settlement meant to ...
BRUSSELS - European Union in its first case over pay-for-delay deals that held back sales of cheaper generic drugs Wednesday fined Danish pharmaceutical company Lundbeck 93.8 million euros and imposed fines totaling 52.2 million euros on several other producers of generic medicines. The European Commission, the EU's antitrust regulator, said the companies had reached agreements that may ...
MADRID - Spain risks high joblessness and sluggish growth for years unless its government together with Europe takes "urgent action' to generate growth and jobs, the International Monetary Fund stated Wednesday. "While there are signs the economic contraction may end soon, the outlook remains difficult," IMF said in its annual assessment of the Spanish economy. "But unemployment remains ...
Pixars WALLE so thoroughly embodies the greatest pleasures the movies have to offer--heart, humor, action, emotion, not to mention grand visual sweep that can only come from a genuine sense of vision--that it goes directly into the sublime. A daring computer-animated fable about loneliness, ... ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
The nation’s five biggest mortgage lenders have largely satisfied their financial obligations under last year’s $25 billion settlement over mortgage abuses, helping hundreds of thousands of families keep their homes. But four of the five have yet to meet their commitment to end the maze of frustrations that borrowers must navigate to modify their loans, according to a report ...
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Retailer Urban Outfitters Inc. has responded to a multi-state campaign and stopped selling flasks, shot glasses and pint glasses that look like prescription pill bottles, political leaders in drug-plagued Kentucky said Wednesday. The state's top leaders, including Gov. Steve Beshear and Republican U.S. Rep. Hal Rogers, chairman of the powerful House Appropriations ...
SEATTLE -- Kim Thompson, co-publisher of influential Seattle-based publisher Fantagraphics Books -- known for celebrated alternative comics, graphic novels and comic strip anthologies -- has died. Fantagraphics announced Thompson's death Wednesday, four months after he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He was 56. Fantagraphics Books has been publishing alternative comics and graphic novels ...
I wrote about MediciNova yesterday . Today the market reacted to the news of positive preliminary clinical data for its drug ibudilast, being tested for methamphetamine addiction. Shares of MediciNova surged 31 percent Wednesday, closing at $3.37, up 80 cents for the ...
Making the news
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
The Diplomat SAS Radisson Bahrain
Arriving at Bahrain International Airport I followed the signs through to Immigration to have my passport checked, and to buy ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The organisational elections of the Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) will be held within this year as against the party's earlier decision to hold these from January next year.
After a meeting of the party's central working committee (CWC) at the party headquarters in Kuala Lumpur Tuesday, MIC president G. Palanivel announced that the decision to hold the party elections this year has been taken following advice from Malaysia's Registrar of Societies (RoS), media reports said.
The party was supposed to hold elections last year but postponed it because of the general elections in Malaysia held May 5 this year.
After the elections, it was decided that the party would hold its organisational elections in 2014.
Tuesday's meeting was convened following reports that the party might face de-registration as one party branch chairman had complained to the RoS about the organisational elections being planned for 2014.
Palanivel told the media Tuesday that nominations for the president's post will be filed Sep 1 and any contest will be held Sep 22.
The president will be elected by 3,900 branch chairmen of the party.
Branch elections will be held July 12-Aug 4 and divisional elections from September to October. ...
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- Nikkei expected to edge down on Feds stimulus signals
- Diving Rupee—Heres How Bad It Can Get for India
- Nirma founder sells land to JP Iscon for Rs 500 crore
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- 80 Sri Lankans held while trying to migrate to Australia
- APM Terminals Ningbo Port to Invest in Meishan Container Terminal
- Crows and Port given chance to pitch reserves teams to SANFL
- Navy brass demands veterans seek permission to wear uniforms at ceremonies and public functions
- Tourism Protests Keep New Luxor Governor Away in Egypt
- Tourism Minister announces new campaign to promote Himalayas
- German National Tourism Board launches its Chinese APP
- Delegation from Australian travel agents and media visit Sanya
- Google for Hotels Q+A with David Zammitt Google Travel Industry Manager.
- Community radio reporters acting as climate change communication agents in Central India
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- Record rainfall brings relief to TNs drought-damaged trees
- USD bounces hard after FOMC AUD falls in risk-off environment
- Greenpeace activists charged with trespassing at Polish power plant
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- Helen Mirren new face of Marksamp Spencer
- Kourtneys motherhood tips to Kim
- NBA star turns to Twitter to sells his bulldog
- Elles Robbie Myers on Womens Magazines and Serious Journalism
- Turner Wraps Upfront Business Broadcast Still in Motion
- Twitter acquires Spindle and shows more interest in local discovery
- Facebook weaves new network fabric
- New drug offers new hope for AMD sufferers
- Older males make better fathers
- When Baby Boomers Retire Immigrants And Their Kids Will Fill Their Jobs
- HERMAN Seniors need to take precautions against heat during the summer
- Las Vegas waives energy efficiency standards for older buildings
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Airline Special Wonders of Malaysia and its national airline
- Assore - Assmang approves ferromanganese joint venture in Malaysia
- Chieftains handing out dubious titles
- Nightmare over topless pictures
- Kulim to take New Britain Palm Oil Ltd private