It is always hard for an American president in the second term, but both his country and the world need Obama to show strength and courage and put scandal behind ...
It may seem like a no-brainer that a professor with a sense of humor sets the stage for better learning. Marquette University PhD candidate Stephen Halula wanted to prove that when he set out on his dissertation, "Humor in Education." So he examined research on the subject - yes, it exists - and interviewed college students about how they perceived their professors, especially the ...
AUSTIN, Texas - The Powerball jackpot being drawn on Saturday night could be even higher than the record $600 million being advertised, pushing it near or above the largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history, a Texas Lottery official said on Saturday. "Oftentimes, the advertised amount is lower than what the actual jackpot ends up being," said Kelly Cripe, a spokeswoman for the Texas ...
An argument being used in certain corners of the econosphere at the moment is that high bond prices (or low yields, they're the same statement) show that there's no problem with debt. For, if people were worried about the amount of government debt that there is then government bonds prices would be lower and yields would be higher. Thus, as no one is worried, because yields are low, ...
Dogs are well-known for being able to sniff out deadly explosives but they could have a rival in the future - honeybees. Researchers say the insects have a perfect sense of smell that can detect the odour and they may be used to help find unexploded landmines in Croatia. The sugar-craving bees are being trained to identify their food by using the scent of TNT (trinitrotoluene), a powerful ...
College is a time for learning. Of course, some of the most interesting learning that takes place during your college days has little to do with what you get out of the economics classroom or the physics lab, but rather the tidbits of info that are passed on while hanging around in the dorm. ...
who loves her job just as much as Mr Gooley, even though she has to sniff strangers' armpits for a living.As the company's "underarm odour assessor'' she works on research and development for brands like Rexona, Dove, Lynx and Impulse."The first time I took part in sniffing it did seem a bit strange however, within the first week of the job it was fine,'' ...
Fire ants are an invasive species in the warmer areas of the US, and we here at Weird Science are told by people who have experienced the invasion personally that their fearsome reputation is well deserved. So, normally, you'd expect said people to be happy to hear that the fire ants population seems to be going down. Unfortunately, it's going down because an even more deranged ant is ...
Sat May 18, 2013 11:03am EDT * EU bans refillable oil jugs, bowls from tables from Jan. 1 * Commission says move will protect consumers, boost hygiene * Critics say idea proves EU bureaucrats are out of touch By Charlie Dunmore BRUSSELS, May 18 (Reuters) - Critics ridiculed European Union bureaucrats on Saturday for taking time off fighting the euro zone's debt crisis to impose strict new ...
Prison Planet.com May 18, 2013 In his recent testimony before Congress, US Attorney General Eric Holder, the so-called highest law-enforcement officer in the land, responded to questions about the AP scandal. Holder's Justice Dept. had secretly subpoenaed and seized the phone records of Associated Press reporters. Holder stated he didn't know anything about anything, because he had ...
Johannesburg - In defiance of Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa’s refusal to publicly disclose a list of national key points, the bid by civil society coalition Right2Know (R2K) to "crowd source" the list has turned up 84 of the estimated 180 to 200 ...
Making the news
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Millennium Hotel, Queenstown, New Zealand
I've reviewed this hotel before, and found it one of my favourites in New Zealand. Queenstown is located in the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A Malaysian Indian politician of the Democratic Action party (DAP) has asked the party's Chinese-origin secretary-general to apologise to the Indian members of the party.
N. Gobalakrishnan has asked Lim Guan Eng to apologise to over 700 Indian members of the party after they were stopped from attending the party's Central Executive Committee (CEC) meeting last year, the New Straits Times reported.
"He (Lim) shouldn't treat the Indian members like that as they, too, like him, have voting (rights)," Gobalakrishnan was quoted as saying.
"It was an important meeting, where DAP elected their main council members... how could over 700 Indians not be a part of it?"
The DAP, with 38 members of parliament (MPs), sits in the opposition in the country's parliament after the May 5 general elections in that country.
Though the party's main base is Malaysian Chinese, it receives support from ethnic Malaysians and Indians too.
Gobalakrishnan, a former MP from the Padang Serai in that country's Kedah state, also sought Lim's clarification regarding rumours doing the rounds that the latter was seeking to de-register the party.
"I want him to explain the rumours of him wanting to de-register DAP," he said. ...
- Thai phone operators told to lower charges
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- Bangladesh garment factories reopen within days of shutdown
- Share of developing nations in investments set to triple by 2030
- PM to attend SEBI silver jubilee May 24
- Sectarian Violence Kills 11 in Iraq
- Navy identifies SEAL who died at Fort Knox
- Navy dolphins discover rare old torpedo off Calif. coast near Coronado
- 10 things cruise lines won’t tell you
- NPA restricts movement into Lagos ports
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- Sanya awarded Hainans most popular wedding tourism destination
- First Saudi woman reaches Mount Everest summit
- LATAM Airlines to resume Argentina flights later Saturday
- New board to oversee Trinidads Caribbean Airlines
- US couple donates land to Argentine park
- New to nature No 104 Meenoplus roddenberryi
- Greenpeace asks Philippinegovernment to halt Bt eggplantex...
- Canada uneasy about oil-sands byproduct accumulation
- Cutting rain forests may undercut hydro output
- Get the look Slouchy trousers
- A cure for HIV is now a a realistic possibility
- The Oxford child sex abuse case shows how the media talks in stereotypes but misses the big picture
- Sri Lankan prawn curry
- Sports board elections New wine in old bottles
- Fugitive to police on Facebook Catch me if you can. They do
- Cannes Shoreline Touts Brendan Fraser Comedy Western With the Outlaws
- How to really really make your naked Snapchat photos disappear
- Google Translate now serves 200 million people daily
- New Bacardi Ad Re-Creates Rum-and-Coke History
- Pak team management players calling for retirement of nothing left to offer Afridi
- Winning Machine leads field of older horses at Emerald Downs
- Elderly mom shoots kills drunken son in self-defense during gun battle deputies say
- Illegal miner imprisoned for raping 60 year-old woman
- Tech fair broadens and brightens seniors world
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Malayasian Chinese leader asked to apologise to Indians
- Government to maintain food subsidies
- All eyes on Najib’s new Cabinet
- Hundreds train attention on spreading awareness on AIDS
- Hills in Cameron Highlands ‘raped’ at an alarming rate