Around 50 Shikara boats in Jammu and Kashmir lined up in the renowned Dal Lake on Sunday to participate in a race, which was organised to showcase the culture of the state and promote tourism in the valley. The participants in the race, comprising of owners and operators of Shikaras, said boat racing was a prominent attraction in the region 20 years ago, but had faded over time. "This ...
The companies, which handle in-flight catering services, ground handling and cargo operations, are being incorporated, subject to regulatory approvals, into Etihad Airport Services, a unit of Etihad Airways. It comes as Abu Dhabi Airports Company (Adac) is predicting a 15 per cent increase in the number of flights over the peak summer period, between May to August, compared with last ...
Boeing has delivered a 777-300ER extended range plane to Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia), marking the latest milestone in its longstanding relationship with the airline and the kingdom. The airplane, the first-of-its-type to be fitted with a three-class cabin configuration, was delivered to the airline at a ceremony in Washington. The airline currently has a backlog of 21 Boeing airplanes on ...
Many airlines companies are offering great deals on domestic flights to Hainan to boost the air travel business during the off season. Flight tickets from Beijing to Haikou and Sanya can be purchased at discounts of more than 85%, while flights from Chongqing, Hangzhou and Guangzhou can be purchased with 80% off. Besides, the discounts of 70% will be also applied for flights departing from ...
(MENAFN) Iranian Civil Aviation Organization head Hamidreza Pahlavani declared that two new Iranian airlines should begin their services during this Iranian fiscal year, reported Tehran Times.With 19 planes added in the last fiscal year, Hamidreza said that a new number of planes will be added to the national fleet.He also said that the country has added two Airbus 340 planes, three Fokker 100 ...
There's Something About Mary
There are two possible responses to the Farrelly Brothers' new movie, "There's Something About Mary": either you will think it childish, stupid, juvenile, and sick, and walk out of the theater in the first half hour; or you will think it childish, stupid, juvenile, and sick, and walk out of the theater after the movie is over with tears in your eyes from laughing so hard. Since 1994's "Dumb and Du ... ...
(MENAFN) Airlines for America, the industry's lobbying group, stated that the US airlines decreased the dept by charging more fees and enhancing their performance during the first quarter, reported Gulf News.In the period, the dept value is USD552 million, compared to USD1.7 billion last year.The total operating revenue went up by 2.5 percent on yearly basis, according to John Heimlich, ...
The 2013 Bula Fiji Tourism Exchange, hosted by InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa and with e-Travel Blackboard as exclusive trade media, ended Friday, with sellers and buyers declaring the event the best ever, not only for business, but also because of the venue, the amazing InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa. There was also general consensus among senior and influential ...
Raising money to raise the dead is the aim of a trio of Australians intent on building a New Zealand-based zombie tourism company. Apocalypse Events Ltd was founded in February, and is gearing up to stage its first zombie apocalypse somewhere in Auckland in the coming months, with paying customers taking up roles as either the last remnants of humanity fighting for their survival, or one of the ...
United States The San Antonio Spurs blew away Memphis 105-83 on Monday morning to open the Western Conference finals with a convincing victory.Tony Parker scored 20 points and had nine assists, Kawhi Leonard added 18 and the Spurs wasted little time sending a message to the visiting Grizzlies who are experiencing their first conference finals.San Antonio, meanwhile, is trying to get back to ...
Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang on Thursday advocated polite tourist behavior and stressed that a good image of Chinese tourists should be projected.Wang made the remarks during a teleconference held by the State Council, China's cabinet, on implementing the new Tourism Law.Wang also urged relevant authorities to develop the tourist industry into a strategic pillar industry of the national ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A Malaysian Indian politician of the Democratic Action party (DAP) has asked the party's Chinese-origin secretary-general to apologise to the Indian members of the party.
N. Gobalakrishnan has asked Lim Guan Eng to apologise to over 700 Indian members of the party after they were stopped from attending the party's Central Executive Committee (CEC) meeting last year, the New Straits Times reported.
"He (Lim) shouldn't treat the Indian members like that as they, too, like him, have voting (rights)," Gobalakrishnan was quoted as saying.
"It was an important meeting, where DAP elected their main council members... how could over 700 Indians not be a part of it?"
The DAP, with 38 members of parliament (MPs), sits in the opposition in the country's parliament after the May 5 general elections in that country.
Though the party's main base is Malaysian Chinese, it receives support from ethnic Malaysians and Indians too.
Gobalakrishnan, a former MP from the Padang Serai in that country's Kedah state, also sought Lim's clarification regarding rumours doing the rounds that the latter was seeking to de-register the party.
"I want him to explain the rumours of him wanting to de-register DAP," he said. ...
- FOMC Decision Critical to Oil Prices
- Hang Seng Shanghai open higher
- Nikkei hits fresh 5 12-yr high exporters up on weak yen upbeat U.S. data
- Qantas find favour with business travellers while Virgin flies steady
- Toyota to boost production of lithium-ion batteries
- Asteroid 9 times larger than Queen Elizabeth 2 ship to sail past Earth on May 31
- Pakistani woman politician shot dead
- Pakistan holds re-polling after fraud claims
- U.S. government calls for fix of security program affecting Port of Hueneme
- Greece to Buy 142 Ships from China
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Saudi Arabian Airlines takes delivery of first-of-its-kind Boeing plane
- Airlines offer big discounts for domestic flights to Hainan during off-season
- Two airlines to open this fiscal year in Iran
- US- Airlines decrease total losses to USD552m in Q1
- Dubai moves to stop ivory tusk smuggling
- PGA partners with local groups to plant trees
- EU judgement Ruling on assessment of costs in legal challenges on environment
- Mother wasps do the work Country diary 100 years ago
- US Virgin Islands environment head arrested for drug trafficking
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Man dies in suspected gas explosion in Nottinghamshire house
- Whiskey distillery to open in the heart of the Lake District
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- Yahoo Board Unfazed by Tumblr Porn Approves $1.1B Acquisition
- Upfront Brings New Scheduling Strategy for Broadcast Nets
- Google Americas third political party
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
- 45th Session of Indian Labour Conference concludes
- Seniors compete in Ms. Conejo Valley pageant
- Australia way older than you think
- Mazzarri announces Napoli retirement
- Virginia Gibson Singer actress and dancer who starred in hit musicals of the 1940s and ’50s
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Malaysia-Market factors to watch on May 20
- Maybank KE Research maintains Buy on Alam Maritim ups TP to RM1.30
- Sino Hua-An in the black posts RM3.33m net profit
- AmResearch maintains Overweight on OG sector
- Trading ideas Instacom Zecon PPB Group