GLG Partners will work with Mercer’s investment consulting business to determine whether environmental investing has become the norm. Issues surrounding climate change and other major environmental issues will be examined, and their effect, if any, on the approach and focus for mainstream investment. ';We believe that environmental liabilities are already changing the ...
Environmental Groups Court Strikes Down Bush Administration Pollution Monitoring Loophole Upholds Publics Right to Know
Throws out EPA rule that waived pollution monitoring requirements for thousands of factories and power plants WASHINGTON - August 19 - A federal appeals court ...
Environmental Groups Judge Dismisses Inyo County Lawsuit to Open Roads in Remote Death Valley Wilderness
threw out a lawsuit by Inyo County, Calif., to open highways through remote roadless areas of Death Valley National Park. Inyo County officials had hoped to take control of three ...
Environmental Defense Fund Co-sponsor of Global Warming Solutions Act to Provide Testimony at San Jose Public Workshop on Draft Scoping Plan to Implement Law
Media Advisory for Friday, August 8, 9:30am-4pm WASHINGTON - August 7 - WHAT: A co-sponsor of ...
Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy New Global Contract Needed to Re-Assert Basic Rights Protect Environment
WTO Doha Collapse Requires a New Direction in Multilateralism MINNEAPOLIS - August 6 - Global institutions enforcing trade and finance rules have overridden fundamental human rights, stalled international development and harmed the environment, finds three new papers released today by the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy. A new system is badly ...
What Women Want [DVD]
Playing Nick Marshall, the wealthy, successful, male-chauvinist Chicago ad executive in What Women Want marks the first time Mel Gibson has played the lead role in a straight romantic comedy. While the more recent entries into the Lethal Weapon franchise have played like comedies with an extreme body count, Gibson has never been in a movie like this one, which is surprising beca ... ...
Research Confirms Microsoft and Dell Electronic Waste in Africa INTERNATIONAL - August 5 - A Greenpeace science team visiting two scrap yards in the capital city Accra and the city of Korforidua, Ghana, has confirmed that soil and sediment taken from two electronic waste (e-waste) scrap yards are severely contaminated with hazardous chemicals. This information was released today in a report ...
Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility Climate Staff Urge EPA to Come Clean Before Congress
"Professional Staff at EPA Has Nothing to Hide" Says Joint Letter to Johnson WASHINGTON - August 5 - The professional staff charged with developing greenhouse gas regulations at the Environmental Protection Agency want Administrator Stephen Johnson to come clean on how decisions were reached on key climate change issues, according to a joint letter released today by Public Employees ...
China will continue to facilitate foreign investment and enhance the protection of intellectual property rights in efforts to improve the investment environment, a senior official said Wednesday. "Improving investment environment and protecting the legal rights of foreign investors are not only the government's promises but also what the government is doing," Yu Jianhua, assistant ...
Michael Pollan, the American food writer and campaigner, says eating together round the table every night is the way children learn best how to get along in the wider ...
environment al degradation, President Xi Jinping vowed on Friday. "Those who made rash decisions regardless of the ecological environment, resulting in serious consequences, must be brought to account, and should be held accountable for a lifetime," he said. "Only by implementing the strictest system and the most stringent rule of law can we provide reliable protection for ...
Making the news
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This substantial hotel is easily accessed on Century Boulevarde. Driving in to the entrance area, the hotel main lobby greets ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The organisational elections of the Malyasian Indian Congress (MIC), including the presidential election, will be held in 2014, a media report said Saturday.
The party's acting president G. Palanivel said that the presidential election will be held between January and March next year and this will be followed by elections of other top office-bearers.
Formed in 1946, the MIC is one of the oldest political parties in Malaysia.
It is one of the three major constituents of that country's ruling Barisan Nasional coalition, other two being the United Malays National Organisation and the Malaysian Chinese Association.
Speaking after a meeting of the party's Central Working Committee (CWC), Palanivel said that a committee would be formed by November this year to oversee the elections.
He also brushed aside speculations that the chairmen of the party's state units have been pushed to pass a "no contest" resolution for the president's post.
"I did not ask the states to do that. If anyone wants to challenge me, it is up to them," the Malaysian Star quoted him as saying.
"I am not thinking about it right now. People can challenge me or return me unopposed. That is not important to me. My focus is to strengthen the party. ...
- China to allow US auditors access to records of Chinese firms
- China central bank report promises financial sector reforms
- Fiscal deficit affecting corporate debt market PM
- Rupee falls for 6th day down 4 paise against dollar
- CCI to probe why AI cant get FDI
- Obama Urges Military to Stamp Out Sexual Assaults
- Japan leads at mens World Gymnastics Cships
- Gaza-bound Aid Ship Boarded by Israeli Forces
- Palestinians Await Ship Attempting to Break Gaza Siege
- Kuwait says port project to continue despite Iraqi opposition
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Context Launches Kyoto and Tokyo Japan Walking Tours
- Study to question popularity of environmental investing
- Environmental Groups Court Strikes Down Bush Administration Pollution Monitoring Loophole Upholds Publics Right to Know
- Environmental Groups Judge Dismisses Inyo County Lawsuit to Open Roads in Remote Death Valley Wilderness
- Environmental Defense Fund Co-sponsor of Global Warming Solutions Act to Provide Testimony at San Jose Public Workshop on Draft Scoping Plan to Implement Law
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy New Global Contract Needed to Re-Assert Basic Rights Protect Environment
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- Healthy heart ensures healthy kidney
- Heart healthy lifestyle may help protect kidney patients from dying prematurely
- Lifestyle Woman 21 married to five brothers
- R is four months sober
- Heart failure ups risk of male menopause 4 fold
- Experts predict next European pensions market trends
- ABP reviews pensions due to improved financial position
- Europe’s retirement provisions insufficient to serve ageing populations
- OECD country pension funds on the road to recovery
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Malaysian Indian Congress to hold its polls in 2014
- Preparations on for Sikh festival in Malaysia
- Amnesty International USA Charges Against Malaysian Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim Politically Motivated
- Rela member in coma after being hit by escaping motorcyclist
- PKR rep asks for top GLC roles