sexual harassment against him are 'completely baseless'. According to Murthy the charges were filed by Araceli Roiz a few days ago. "I am not certain if the employee will file harassment charges in court," Murthy said. "I will fight all harassment charges vigorously in court," he ...
The inaction or delayed action by the licensor and the authority to enforce quality service of the cellular mobile services in the country have cost the government dearly in the recent 2G spectrum ...
The billion-dollar deal for Tumblr has stirred talk on the next big acquisition target in the sector, with cash-rich tech giants looking for the next potential ...
MphasiS may face off in a takeover bid for the IT services company with revenues of over $1 billion. Hewlett-Packard's decision to sell the controlling stake in MphasiS has ...
Twitter citing their stringent privacy settings to decline Indian agencies requests for data on users indulging in suspicious net activity, cybersecurity experts are exploring the option of promoting a 'desi' social networking entity as an alternative to the US-based sites. The idea is to have a parallel Indian social networking site -- possibly owned by a reputed domestic media house ...
Black Hawk Down
"The American public is rarely exposed to the realities of warfare. The Pentagon does not allow reporters to accompany soldiers directly into battle, a journalistic tradition that ended after Vietnam. What results is a sanitized picture of combat. The public knows only what the military chooses to portray, or what cameras are able to see from afar. Americans have little understanding of what awai ... ...
awesome again," said the new site will showcase "bigger images" and create a user experience that is "more immersive, more expressive." Mayer's announcement of the Flickr makeover came only hours after the company announced it was ...
Vodafone posted its largest ever quarterly fall in key organic service revenue on Tuesday, prompting it to keep hold of a dividend from its US arm and reinvest it into the business and not return it to shareholders. The world's second largest mobile operator, at the centre of intense speculation as to whether it will sell its US arm in one of the world's largest deals, posted a 4.2% ...
Wipro E.Go Sense - launched in 2010 is not to be seen at any of the retailers, online or brick and mortar, raising fresh questions about the future of the consumer hardware business at the Bangalore-based technology outsourcer. Retailers and industry analysts said the tablet - a laptop with a screen that can be turned 360 degrees, originally priced at about 30,000 - has vanished without a trace, ...
A US Senate report has concluded that Apple Inc has held billions of dollars in profits in Irish subsidiaries to pay little or no taxes to any ...
In April, banks cut their dependence on Central Bank support by EUR300m, taking the total outstanding to EUR52.8bn.Reducing Ireland's need for the loans has been a priority under the ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Pan Pacific Hotel, Vancouver, Canada
This spectacularly located waterfront hotel backs on to the CBD and the Gas Light district at Canada Place, adjoining the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A Hindu endowment board that conducts the affairs of the Hindu community and temples in a Malaysian state has lodged a police complaint after three gold bars went missing from its office.
The Penang Hindu Endowment Board lodged the complaint May 17 over the three gold bars that went missing Dec 26 last year from its office in Georgetown, capital of Penang state, the Malaysian Star reported Monday.
The discovery was made by board secretary P. Selva.
He was conducting an inventory check when he found that the number of bars in the safe box did not tally with the figure in the office records.
"We were conducting our own internal investigations since then (Dec 26, 2012) and we found out that there were discrepancies in the computer records as compared to the inventory," board commissioner Mureli Navaratnam said.
The bars weigh a total of 1.6 kg and are worth about 250,000 Malaysian ringgits.
- Hang Seng ends lower
- Come On Give the Aussie Dollar a Break Pros
- Yoshikami Low Cost China is Old News
- Coal India shares jump over 2 post Q4 results
- Nikkei hits new 5-12-yr high but pace of gains slow Bernanke cues eyed
- Chinese vessels spotted in Ayungin shoal diplomatic protest readied
- Ports bust out with 11 in fifth
- FBI Agents fell to deaths training off Va. coast during maritime counterterrorism exercise
- Herndon Monument Climb 2013 Naval Academy Plebs Climb Greased Obelisk
- Oman unveils master plan for tourism port
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi offers wide opportunities to foreign film producers in India
- Civil Aviation Minister takes action against erring DGCA officers
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- Dubai makes $350 million off the environment
- UBD To Plant Trees For Green Wave Campaign
- Why Did Penguins Stop Flying The Answer Is Evolutionary
- A Tornado Chaser Talks About His Science and Craft
- 7-Eleven finds convenient business environment
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- ACC report warns of increasing illicit drug abuse in professional sports
- WA teen exercise rates alarming
- Tips to keep your home warm
- Winter-ready outdoor areas
- Customers not as happy with iPhone as they were last year
- Uganda Police Shut Newspapers Radio Stations Over Political Controversy
- Flickrs 1TB for photos is great but how about a smart shoebox
- One of the Few in Hollywood Who Can Say ‘No’ to Harvey Weinstein
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Mediterranean diet may help boost ageing brain power
- Becks facing adjustment issues post-retirement
- Wine aged in Charleston Harbor being recovered
- This is the end beautiful friend The Doors Ray Manzareck dies from bile duct cancer aged 74
- Elderly Woman Dies in Court Gasping for Breath After Sheriffs Deputies Callously Refused to Give Her Medication Daughter Claims
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Hindu board in Malaysia files complaint over missing gold
- Malaysian Indian Congress leader denies quitting party post
- Malaysian Indian Congress to hold working committee meeting May 23
- Update Malaysia Q1 investments increase 44 to RM49 bil
- Court postpones return of Genneva directors’ assets