The 45th Session of the Indian Labour Conference concluded in New Delhi with a resolve to provide universal social security coverage and assured pension to the entire working population. During the course of Conference the Labour Ministers of State Governments, Central Trade Union Leaders, Employers' representatives, and Officials of the central and state governments also deliberated on service ...
Though Madison Avenue largely forgets seniors in general, they are now a demographic grossly overlooked on social media. Those 65 years and older are changing: they are living longer, are more active, and becoming increasingly literate online. Not only does this age group have 47x the net worth of households headed by those 35 and older (according to AdAge), but they are now the fastest growing ...
VIENNA - A new multi-million dollar retirement community is being planned for the Parkersburg area as developers met with potential tenants Tuesday. Around 50 people attended a meeting at the Grand Pointe Conference Center in Vienna to look over the concept designs, floor plans and discuss the number of options of what will be included in the new Lakeside Landing development, which will be ...
An 89-year-old woman died after hitting a tree in suburban Perth while an elderly couple died in a car rollover in WA's south on Sunday ...
Sociologists believe the model, characterized with the elderly taking care of those even older should be recommended in China's rural areas where young workforce are migrating to large cities to make a ...
There's Something About Mary
There are two possible responses to the Farrelly Brothers' new movie, "There's Something About Mary": either you will think it childish, stupid, juvenile, and sick, and walk out of the theater in the first half hour; or you will think it childish, stupid, juvenile, and sick, and walk out of the theater after the movie is over with tears in your eyes from laughing so hard. Since 1994's "Dumb and Du ... ...
Wendy Hill, 70, of Encinitas (middle), hears herself named Ms. Senior Conejo Valley on Sunday at the Goebel Senior Center in Thousand Oaks. Hill shares the stage with contestants Gayla Kalp Jackson (left), of Moorpark, and second-place winner Sandra Miller-Erkus, of Agoura Hills. Hill will compete to be Ms. Senior ...
REMEMBER when you were taught that Australia was discovered by James Cook in 1770 who promptly declared it "terra nullius" and claimed it for the British ...
Serie A wrap The 51-year-old decided to part ways with this season's runners-up after four years of guiding the club, but admitted it was not an easy decision to make. However, the former Livorno and Sampdoria manager believed it was the right time the players were taken in a new direction."The moment has come for me to reflect," Mazzarri told the club's official website, ...
The pert dancer, singer and actress Virginia Gibson brightened several film musicals of the 1950s, notably the classic Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954), in which, as one of the brides, she danced in the barn-raising sequence, one of the most exhilarating numbers in movie history, and led the rest of the girls in the song "June ...
She and thousands of others converged on Little Italy for the 20th annual Sicilian Festival. India Street turned into a taste of Sicily, with a parade of musicians playing the Southern Italian song, Tarantella. There was also sidewalk art (the artists are called madonnari), a model Carretto (carriage and horse) and signature dishes, like Aroncini, which are rice balls filled with meat and ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A Malaysian Indian politician of the Democratic Action party (DAP) has asked the party's Chinese-origin secretary-general to apologise to the Indian members of the party.
N. Gobalakrishnan has asked Lim Guan Eng to apologise to over 700 Indian members of the party after they were stopped from attending the party's Central Executive Committee (CEC) meeting last year, the New Straits Times reported.
"He (Lim) shouldn't treat the Indian members like that as they, too, like him, have voting (rights)," Gobalakrishnan was quoted as saying.
"It was an important meeting, where DAP elected their main council members... how could over 700 Indians not be a part of it?"
The DAP, with 38 members of parliament (MPs), sits in the opposition in the country's parliament after the May 5 general elections in that country.
Though the party's main base is Malaysian Chinese, it receives support from ethnic Malaysians and Indians too.
Gobalakrishnan, a former MP from the Padang Serai in that country's Kedah state, also sought Lim's clarification regarding rumours doing the rounds that the latter was seeking to de-register the party.
"I want him to explain the rumours of him wanting to de-register DAP," he said. ...
- Australia Stock Rally Showing Signs of Fatigue
- Bank of Japan raises economic outlook
- Nikkei hits fresh 5 12-year high on weak yen
- Woah Time to Slow That Yen Fall
- Nikkei bounces by break
- Asteroid 9 times larger than Queen Elizabeth 2 ship to sail past Earth on May 31
- Pakistani woman politician shot dead
- Pakistan holds re-polling after fraud claims
- Exhausted 58-yr-old Aussie sailor rescued by cargo ship in middle of Pacific Ocean
- Tanzania MPs Cry for Heavy Investment in Ports Railway Infrastructure
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- 100 Russian travel agencies invited to explore Hainan tourism market
- Paterson Keys Heritage Tourism to Strike Centennial
- Cabell County tourism channel expanding
- 2014 Asian Golf Tourism Convention to be held at Mission Hills Haikou
- Tornadoes tear through central US
- PGA partners with local groups to plant trees
- EU judgement Ruling on assessment of costs in legal challenges on environment
- Mother wasps do the work Country diary 100 years ago
- US Virgin Islands environment head arrested for drug trafficking
- Oz sports commentator sparks Twitter outrage with Indian gag
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- Government plans to bring new bill to fight betting in sports
- Sports of The Times Horse Racing Misses a Strong Voice More Than a Triple Crown Winner
- Financial Times allegedly hacked by Syrians
- The 5 Time Slot Showdowns Will Look Like This
- USA Today Takes Its Ad Meter Beyond the Super Bowl
- Our Picks for the 5 Best and 5 Worst New TV Shows
- Michael J. Fox Explains How His New TV Comedy Mirrors His Real Life
- 45th Session of Indian Labour Conference concludes
- SAPVoice The Overlooked Social Media Marketing For Senior Citizens
- Officials announce new retirement community plans
- Three elderly people die on WA roads
- Old-age care recommended for rural Chinas elderly
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Malindo Air to take off from Subang on June 3
- Indonesian woman falls to her death in Penang
- Affin Research lowers Petra Energy to Reduce
- Pintaras surges to all-time high on higher earnings
- Former Batu Uban assemblyman withdraws defamation suit against bank executive