A new Twitter account that re-imagines Taylor Swift as a feminist has amassed 80,000 followers in six days The account, FeministTaylorSwift (@feministtswift), is the brainchild of self-proclaimed feminist and Taylor Swift fan Clara Beyer, who is the senior linguistics major at Brown University, ABC News reported. She studied the pop star's lyrics with a feminist slant while addressing issues ...
With the growing mobility of internet, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg discussed potential partnership with Samsung company's president Shin Jong Kyun during Mark Zuckerberg's Asia tour. According to Bloomberg report, the partnership would reportedly focus on advancing mobile-advertising sales. Facebook has been strongly encouraging advertising on mobile. In April, Facebook Home had been ...
Helen Flanagan was held hostage by armed raiders at her 2.8million dollars home after divulging on Twitter that she was home alone as her boyfriend was away on holiday. The former 'Coronation Street' star was traumatised by the late-night ordeal hours after she tweeted that she was missing her beau, Scott Sinclair, the Sun reported. She reportedly told a friend that she could have been ...
Facebook employees have given bizarre answers to a question posted by a question-and-answer website Quora. Quora created, edited and organized by its community of users, had asked a question 'worst thing about working at Facebook' to which the social media giant's employees gave varied and interesting answers. The responses included praise for the free food and drinks prepared by renowned ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button [Blu-Ray]
While the title would seem to suggest a story of relative modesty, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is anything but. Running nearly three hours in length and spanning some 80 years of American history, from World War I to Hurricane Katrina, ... ...
The Australian Defence Force (ADF) has been hit with another round of scandal when some of its serving and former personnel were found to be linked with sexist and anti-Muslim posts on Facebook pages. In the earlier scandal, some of the ADF personnel including senior officers who called themselves the 'Jedi Council' were recently involved in a sex email affair, which was perceived as even ...
It genuinely surprises me to see there are still some that seem to believe that investing in social media is risky business. Why would a company not want to know exactly what customers think of their brand and products? Being able to reach into the minds of your customers is no longer a mere figment of marketers’ imaginations. It’s a reality. As is the ability to learn what your ...
Ford has been analyzing the trend among people preferring the expensive automatic gear technology in smaller cars like Hyundai i10 and Maruti A-Star also in Honda's flagship, the City ...
(Reuters) - Lazada, the Southeast Asian online retail company founded by Germany's Rocket Internet Gmbh, has secured another $100 million from investors in its bid to lift the region from its status as an e-commerce ...
more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case. The social network moves about 1,000 times as much data between the servers inside its data centers as it does from its servers out to end users, company ...
Making the news
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
The Diplomat SAS Radisson Bahrain
Arriving at Bahrain International Airport I followed the signs through to Immigration to have my passport checked, and to buy ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The organisational elections of the Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) will be held within this year as against the party's earlier decision to hold these from January next year.
After a meeting of the party's central working committee (CWC) at the party headquarters in Kuala Lumpur Tuesday, MIC president G. Palanivel announced that the decision to hold the party elections this year has been taken following advice from Malaysia's Registrar of Societies (RoS), media reports said.
The party was supposed to hold elections last year but postponed it because of the general elections in Malaysia held May 5 this year.
After the elections, it was decided that the party would hold its organisational elections in 2014.
Tuesday's meeting was convened following reports that the party might face de-registration as one party branch chairman had complained to the RoS about the organisational elections being planned for 2014.
Palanivel told the media Tuesday that nominations for the president's post will be filed Sep 1 and any contest will be held Sep 22.
The president will be elected by 3,900 branch chairmen of the party.
Branch elections will be held July 12-Aug 4 and divisional elections from September to October. ...
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- Japanese Women at Work Conservatives Say No
- Global Markets Feel the Fed Sting
- Hang Seng Nikkei dive on Fed comments
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- 80 Sri Lankans held while trying to migrate to Australia
- Fire out on Triple-E
- Nordic thrown a lifeline
- Tanker needs a tow
- Tourism Protests Keep New Luxor Governor Away in Egypt
- Tourism Minister announces new campaign to promote Himalayas
- Singapore Airlines finalizes order for up to 50 more A350 XWBs
- KTF speaks out on attempt to rob Kenyas tourism through budget cuts
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines suspends first deputy director general
- UAEs efforts to preserve environment exemplary says daily
- Community radio reporters acting as climate change communication agents in Central India
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- UNESCO world heritage Historic Areas of Istanbul
- Polluting to death China introduces execution for environmental offenders
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- Johnny Depp opens up about vision problem
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- Helen Mirren new face of Marksamp Spencer
- Sony Shareholders Press CEO on Proposed Hollywood Sell-Off
- Rockmelt launches Android app with enhanced navigation
- James Gandolfini is Dead at 51
- Lawyer brilliantly bites township trying to shut his clients site
- Oz the Great and Powerful Tops Home Entertainment Charts
- New drug offers new hope for AMD sufferers
- Older males make better fathers
- Workers in Britain suffer the greatest fall in wages since the 1930s
- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies of heart attack in Italy aged 51
- Can middle aged women handle the crop
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Malaysia PC sales hit 898000 in Q1 2013 Lenovo top vendor
- American pastor’s murder Two more Pakistan nationals charged
- William Yau inquest Verdict later today
- Haze Muar’s 200 schools to close temporarily from today’s afternoon session
- MCMC offers free money to small businesses few takers