Britain's first "official" astronaut, 41-year-old Major Tim Peake, has been selected to go on a five-month mission to the International Space Station in 2015, a media report said Sunday. Peake, a former army helicopter pilot, graduated as a European Space Agency astronaut more than two years ago and has been waiting for a space mission since then, the Guardian daily said. However, Peake has ...
The returnable capsule of a biological research satellite landed in Russia Sunday, bringing mice, Mongolian gerbils, geckos and various micro-organisms and plants back to Earth after their month-long flight, the Mission Control said. The capsule landed in Orenburg region near the border with Kazakhstan. The descent vehicle separated from the equipment module of the Bion-M spacecraft at 6.32 ...
NASA has revealed that a boulder-sized meteor slammed into the moon in March, causing an explosion so bright that it was visible to the naked eye on Earth. Though about 300 lunar impacts have been logged over the years, NASA scientists consider this latest impact, from March 17, much brighter than anything else observed, News.com.au reported. "We have seen a couple of others in the 'wow' ...
Fair skinned people are known to be at higher risk for skin cancer and other problems associated with too much exposure to the sun, but experts say people of color also are vulnerable to the harmful effects of ultraviolet (UV) rays emitted by the sun and indoor tanning beds. Darker skin has more pigment-making cells, which provide some inherent protection against UV rays, but not enough, said ...
MONTREAL - Candidates vying to replace departing Liberal MP Denis Coderre have been jostling for position ever since it was only a rumour he was going to run for the Montreal mayor's job. Coderre made his mayoral bid official Thursday and won't leave his MP office until June 1, however, the Liberal party has already received at least 25 resumes from interested candidates, according to ...
There's Something About Mary
There are two possible responses to the Farrelly Brothers' new movie, "There's Something About Mary": either you will think it childish, stupid, juvenile, and sick, and walk out of the theater in the first half hour; or you will think it childish, stupid, juvenile, and sick, and walk out of the theater after the movie is over with tears in your eyes from laughing so hard. Since 1994's "Dumb and Du ... ...
Most of the mice, gerbils and other animals Russia sent to space a month ago died in the flight meant to test the effects of extended periods of time in ...
Satellite imagery can serve as a time machine, revealing dramatic change in just a few seconds - but can you imagine documenting almost three decades' worth of all that change, across most of our planet's land mass? A team of imaging experts, computer scientists and journalists did. Now they've unveiled the result: a global database of zoomable, animated satellite views known ...
A view of fog over the New York skyline. (REUTERS/Lucas Jackson) NEW YORK - Greenwich Village, the birthplace of the U.S. gay rights movement, remained in shock on Sunday over the shooting death of a gay man by a gunman who police said uttered anti-gay slurs before targeting the victim. Mark Carson, 32, was shot dead in Greenwich Village around midnight on Friday in what police are calling a ...
and was delivered to an invited audience at The Institution of Engineering and Technology on 13 May.To find out more about Cory Doctorow's writings go to his ...
Two more bodies were found Sunday near a sunken lobster boat that went down after hitting a sandbar in rough water. Three crewmen were missing after the boat hit a sandbar about 5:30 a.m. Saturday and took on water. Hours later, the body of a 23-year-old man was recovered on the shoreline near where the boat sank. A 35-year-old man and a 32-year-old man remained missing but were located about ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A Malaysian Indian politician of the Democratic Action party (DAP) has asked the party's Chinese-origin secretary-general to apologise to the Indian members of the party.
N. Gobalakrishnan has asked Lim Guan Eng to apologise to over 700 Indian members of the party after they were stopped from attending the party's Central Executive Committee (CEC) meeting last year, the New Straits Times reported.
"He (Lim) shouldn't treat the Indian members like that as they, too, like him, have voting (rights)," Gobalakrishnan was quoted as saying.
"It was an important meeting, where DAP elected their main council members... how could over 700 Indians not be a part of it?"
The DAP, with 38 members of parliament (MPs), sits in the opposition in the country's parliament after the May 5 general elections in that country.
Though the party's main base is Malaysian Chinese, it receives support from ethnic Malaysians and Indians too.
Gobalakrishnan, a former MP from the Padang Serai in that country's Kedah state, also sought Lim's clarification regarding rumours doing the rounds that the latter was seeking to de-register the party.
"I want him to explain the rumours of him wanting to de-register DAP," he said. ...
- Toyota to boost production of lithium-ion batteries
- Central Banks in Driving Seat for Asia Markets
- Nikkei hits fresh 5 12-yr high on weak yen upbeat U.S. data
- Nikkei set to scale fresh 5 12-year highs
- China President Makes First Foreign Trip to India
- Asteroid 9 times larger than Queen Elizabeth 2 ship to sail past Earth on May 31
- Pakistani woman politician shot dead
- Pakistan holds re-polling after fraud claims
- Greece to Buy 142 Ships from China
- Europes cruise ship loss is Asias cruise ship gain
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Airlines offer big discounts for domestic flights to Hainan during off-season
- Two airlines to open this fiscal year in Iran
- US- Airlines decrease total losses to USD552m in Q1
- 2013 Bula Fiji Tourism Exchange pronounced best ever
- Dubai moves to stop ivory tusk smuggling
- EU judgement Ruling on assessment of costs in legal challenges on environment
- Mother wasps do the work Country diary 100 years ago
- US Virgin Islands environment head arrested for drug trafficking
- Drug charge for Virgin Islands environment officer
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Man dies in suspected gas explosion in Nottinghamshire house
- Whiskey distillery to open in the heart of the Lake District
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- Yahoo Board Unfazed by Tumblr Porn Approves $1.1B Acquisition
- Upfront Brings New Scheduling Strategy for Broadcast Nets
- Google Americas third political party
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
- 45th Session of Indian Labour Conference concludes
- Australia way older than you think
- Mazzarri announces Napoli retirement
- Virginia Gibson Singer actress and dancer who starred in hit musicals of the 1940s and ’50s
- Sicilian festival brings out nostalgia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Winning ticket for record $590.5mil Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Yahoos board approves US$1.1bil Tumblr acquisition
- Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years
- Malaysia-Market factors to watch on May 20
- Malaysia fall to Taiwan