Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt and director of Google Ideas Jared Cohen have warned London School of Economics students against censorship on the internet and the dangers that 'digital ethnic cleansing' pose. Sky News quoted Schmidt, as saying that people will omit data if they want to restrict communication and information. He, however, agreed that any piece of information cannot be ...
Narendra Modi said UPA's glass is filled with corruption. "In the last nine years (five years of UPA-I and four of UPA-II), the (UPA's) glass has been full with corruption. There is no space for trust or belief. Unfortunately, even the common man has to take something from the glass filled with corruption," he said after the launch of Gujarat edition of Business Line here. He ...
cloud computing business, was leaving. SAP said Dalgaard was stepping down from the management board and leaving the company effective June 1 but that he would continue to act as an advisor to its cloud business. Dalgaard joined the company in late 2011 when SAP bought Web-based software company SuccessFactors. The acquisition was seen as a catalyst for the German technology giant to try to ...
AAPL ) new series of TV ads is headed. With Samsung nipping at its heels in the U.S. -- and leaving it in the dust in overseas markets -- Apple is capitalizing on studies that show that despite diminishing market share, more people use iPhones to do the myriad things a well-designed, user-friendly smartphone with good bandwidth, decent battery life, a curated app store and a well-stocked media ...
iBooks on the iPad. FORTUNE -- This does not bode well for Cupertino. Asked during a preliminary hearing Thursday to share her thoughts about the Department of Justice's case against Apple ...
The Last Samurai
Edward Zwicks The Last Samurai is about two warriors from extremely different cultures who start out as enemies, find that they share much in common ideologically, and end up fighting side-by-side in a losing battle in which the only victory they care about is maintaining their honor. ...
has ruled that Microsoft's Xbox 360 games console doesn't infringe Motorola's patents and won't be blocked from entering the US. Of course, we're not talking about the Xbox One here, as the ruling made on Thursday ends a case filed by Motorola Mobility in November 2010. The Google subsidiary alleged that Microsoft owes it around $4bn a year for use of the 802.11 ...
ARM's Cortex A50 series is arguably the firm's most important design to date, as it uses the ARMv8 architecture that has 64-bit support. The firm announced that LG will be the lead partner for the A50 series of chips that includes the Cortex A57 and its next generation Mali GPUs. According to ARM its agreement with LG will mean the Korean electronics giant will be able to offer a ...
(Credit: Apple) Apple's senior vice president of Industrial Design, and new design chief of iOS, Jonathan Ive, has one idea in mind for the mobile operating system: out with the old and in with the new. According to 9to5Mac, ...
Q. Where did the iTunes Store Download link go in iTunes 11? It used to be on the left side of the screen and I could click it to see or pause multiple files downloading at once, but it's gone ...
MUMBAI: Indian search engine Just Dial's initial public offer to raise $174 million was oversubscribed nearly 12 times in what marked the country's biggest IPO this year, stock exchange data showed on Thursday. The figures were released after the share offer, one of the largest to date by an Indian internet firm, closed on Wednesday. The Mumbai-based firm, which launched in the ...
Making the news
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
The Strand Palace
I've stayed at this central London hotel many times, so was comfortable in telephoning direct for a reservation. It was ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A former Malaysian Indian lawyer and three others were sentenced to death Thursday in the high profile murders of a Malaysian businesswoman and three others in 2010.
The high court in Shah Alam, the capital of the Malaysian state of Selangor, sentenced former lawyer N. Pathmanabhan, 43, and farm hands T. Thilayalagan, 21, R. Matan, 22, and R. Kathavarayan, 33, for the murders of cosmetics millionaire Sosilawati Lawiya, 47, her driver Kamaruddin Shamsuddin, 44, bank officer Noorhisham Mohamad, 38, and lawyer Ahmad Kamal Abdul Karim, 32, in Tanjung Sepat town Aug 30, 2010.
"The prosecution has proven its case beyond a reasonable doubt," the Malaysian Star quoted sentencing judge Akhtar Tahir as saying.
"I find all four accused guilty as charged."
The businesswoman and her three aides had gone to Tanjung Sepat in Banting district for a land deal but were later reported missing.
Pathmanabhan is said to be the mastermind behind the murders and money the motive.
Though the bodies were not recovered, all four were reportedly beaten to death, their bodies doused with petrol and burnt and the ashes thrown into a river.
Lawiya's was a rags-to-riches story. Daughter of a labourer, she used her savings of 13 years to start a cosmetics business that was worth millions of Malaysian ringgits. ...
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Protect small investors Chidambaram tells Sebi
- Sensex up 30 points as Tata Steel surges 5
- China to issue 26b yuan in two-year T-bonds
- China takes over operational control of Pakistans Gwadar Port
- Indian Navy Captain held guilty for officers death
- Navy conducts first test flight of Northrops Triton drone
- Obama to speak at Naval Academy graduation
- Port Orange woman guilty in murder for hire plot
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Nova Scotia moves ahead with five-year tourism strategy
- Breaking RAF fighter jet escorts Pakistan International Airlines passenger plane to Stansted
- Consumer Reports readers not Frontier fans
- Collective switching can councils help those living in fuel poverty
- President Xi pledges not to sacrifice environment
- How Polish nuclear boss commemorated Chernobyl nuclear disaster
- A year in the life of That Tree
- That Tree an iPhone photo journal – in pictures
- Heart healthy lifestyle may help protect kidney patients from dying prematurely
- Jitendra Singh urges states to take action to curb illegal practices in sports
- Sports Minister lauds amputee Everest climber Arunima Sinha
- Racist Oz broadcaster Morrow spared the sack but banned from marquee events this season
- Spot-Fixing row Sports Minister says my head hangs in shame today
- UTA Hires Top Investment Banker to Explore Finance Options
- Cannes Stars Forced to Rearrange Flights to LA Amid London Runway Closures
- How Amazon will use ad savvy to outflank Google Walmart
- German Soccer Rules Europe Can It Conquer the World
- Robert Redford to Direct Segment in 3D Doc Series Cathedrals of Culture
- Auroras pension move helps increase operating income
- Yet more woe for Irish Pension Managed Funds
- How a Sweet Tooth and Nostalgia Turned Sprinkles Guru Candace Nelson to Ice Cream
- Aging Japanese judo official was sex pest
- Older brother held in deaths of 2 younger siblings
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Barisan mulls name change. Parti 1Malaysia
- Palanivel denies “no contest resolution” allegations
- Civil and Syariah laws should be reviewed to prevent child marriage Azizah
- Idris Jusoh to sue PKR and Rafizi for slander
- Mural proves too popular owner whitewashes it