Singer Dannii Minogue says the pressure of fame when she started her singing career in the 1980s, was awful. But she admits she has learnt to tackle it over the years. The 41-year-old, a former judge of reality show "The X Factor", admits that the fear is all in one's head. "I think it's because if you build something up in your head you get a fear of it. It was just like having a fear of ...
Pop star Jennifer Lopez will reportedly perform on the semi-final episode of music reality show "Britain's Got Talent", and sing her latest track "Live it up". Pop star Demi Lovato might also sing her new single "Heart attack", reports thesun.co.uk. Other performers include singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding, who will sing her recent releases "Explosions" and "Anything can happen". Olly Murs ...
A Brooklyn gospel singer has sued McDonald's alleging her voice has been ruined after she swallowed a piece of glass that was in her chicken sandwich. Jacqueline Simpson told the New York Post that the glass left her with a "hoarse, rattly voice" and unable to sing soprano like she used to, Radar online reported. Simpson, who filed the lawsuit in Brooklyn Supreme Court, revealed she ate the ...
Will Smith has revealed that rapper Kanye West has "been pushing" him to return to the music scene. The 44-year-old actor told HipHollywood.com that he has been messing around with West and both of them have been to studio a couple of times, the New York Daily News reported. Smith, who was a successful rapper before he made his way to superstardom as an actor, added that he is not going to ...
A foundation set up by late singer Amy Winehouse's father Mitch reportedly raised nearly 1.9 million pounds (over $2,000,000) in a year. The foundation helps homeless people, drug addicts and promotes young musicians. "We are honoured we can help so many young people in Amy's name. Good everyone was involved," thesun.co.uk quoted Mitch as saying. The foundation collected more than 700,000 ...
Following the big-budget debacle of 1999's Wild Wild West, director Barry Sonnenfeld apparently felt the need to downsize for his next film, opting to helm an adaptation of syndicated humorist Dave Berry's novel Big Trouble, which finds the paths of a gaggle of oddball characters, from a miserable housewife, to a tree-dwelling hippie, to a pair of New Jersey hitmen, chaotically inte ... ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
An Indian film festival, where hugely popular Bollywood movies like "Lage Raho Munnabhai" will be screened, is to be held here to commemorate the 40th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and South Korea. The festival will be held at CGV Yeouido, IFC Mall, May 24-28. It has been organised by the Indian embassy with the support of CGV, the Indian tourism ministry ...
Jimmy Shergill has said that Hindi and Punjabi films have a huge audience from Pakistan - especially in Canada. It's been a super busy year for the Bollywood actor. With over 50 Hindi and Punjabi films under his belt, Shergill has proven himself as the versatile actor he always dreamt of being, even if it took him 17 years. While he loves to do Punjabi films, Shergill says that his bread ...
Singer Tulisa Contostavlos and her beau Danny Simpson are reportedly facing a rough patch in their relationship. The couple has been dating each other from November last year, and they have been public about it. However, all's not well in their paradise, reports thesun.co.uk. "Danny and Tulisa's relationship became public very quickly and was very full-on. They've had a lot of stress and it ...
Actor Will Smith may have pulled off several stunts in Hollywood films, but he doesn't know how to swim! He didn't learn to swim as he didn't have too many swimming pools in his vicinity when he was young. "I can't swim. In inner City Philadelphia, there's not a lot of swimming pools and I never actually learnt how to swim and I'm embarrassed about it," femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 44-year-old ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
The taxi drove through the center of the building to an arrival station for the Crowne Plaza which is a ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Malaysia SunMalaysia Sun - Malaysian news as it happens
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Malaysia Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Malaysian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Malaysian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Malaysia news, the weather forecast for Malaysia you'll find it all in the Malaysia Sun.
From Johor to Kelantan and Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysia Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A court in Malaysia has sentenced two Indian-origin men to separate jail terms for brutally assaulting a Nigerian that led to his death.
Judge Noor Azian Shaari of the high court in Shah Alam, the capital of the Malaysian state of Selangor, sentenced V. Ganesan, 29, to one year in jail and T. Kumar, 29, to seven years in jail for causing grievous injuries to Nwabudike Emmanuel Chukwuma that led to his death in April last year, the New Straits Times reported Wednesday.
According to the report, the perpetrators of the crime had accused the Nigerian of cheating them and had gone to the latter's home in Taman Puncak Jalil township in Selangor at 2.30 a.m. April 23 last year.
After a heated argument, Kumar punched Chukwuma on his body, face and head. He then dragged the victim to the road outside and kicked him there as well.
Ganesan punched and kicked Chukwuma twice.
The duo were arrested after neighbours of Chukwuma alerted the police.
Chukwuma was taken to a hospital where he died two days later.
In the ruling, the judge said that the two should not have taken the law into their own hands and ordered that they serve their respective jail terms from the date they were arrested, April 23, 2012.
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- Qantas Airlines To Offer In-Flight Books
- Sensex ends higher rises for third month
- Just Dial IPO over-subscribed 11.63 times on last day
- AirAsia profit falls nearly 40 in 1st quarter
- Trinindad Football hints at probe to uncover missing funds
- Putin calls for fast naval deliveries
- The Booming Business of Shipping Yachts
- Navys High-Flying Spy Drone Completes Its First Flight
- Iranian drone found at site of US Navy fleet
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Cleanliness drive in Kashmir provide impetus to tourism
- Qantas Airlines To Offer In-Flight Books
- Hilton Albany unveils $14 million renovation slideshow
- Why Chicagoans wont be flying so much this Memorial Day
- Lily Cole to recieve honorary doctorate
- Lessons From Joplin’s Tornado Recovery Effort
- Some 100 Species of Fungus Live on Our Feet
- Real Books From Real Trees for Real People Microsofts Fun eBook Predictions From 1999
- Whos the Next Host of the Geography Bee
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Murofushi loses appeal in IOC member election
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Jets rookie QB Geno Smith signs with Jay-Z’s sports agency
- AMC Networks CEO Says He Sees No End to Walking Dead
- Viacom Boosts Quarterly Profit 9 Percent
- Power Lawyers Star Treks JJ Abrams Michael Bay and Les Moonves Pose With Their Attorneys
- National Candy Show Draws Pitches for Farts Candy Bacon Sex Lube
- Google Top Charts show worlds searches for whiskey more
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- Brooklyn Beckham begins training with QPR following dads retirement
- Pak batsman Mohd Yousuf rubbishes media reports of retirement from intl cricket
- Grandparent scams hit seniors
- Twitter Responds To Urlacher’s Retirement
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Malaysia Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Indian-origin men jailed in Malaysia
- Scuffle breaks out at candlelight vigil for Adam Adli in Penang
- Negri Exco members given a month to declare assets give up business interests
- Research and Markets Malaysia Refinery Market Analysis and Outlook to 2020
- Official GE13 results gazetted 21-day period for petitions begins Thursday